Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ultra light Rig - your preferences?
(08-10-2020, 12:01 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: When you say "spin cast" do you mean she prefers a closed-face reel? If so, that will be tough because I have yet to find a reel of that design that handles very light lines well. They tangle inside the housing - badly and often. They are designed to use 8# to 10# lines, which most of them come with. And none of them these days are made very well, besides.

There are many good options with regular open-faced spinning reels. You'd be looking for a "10" or "15" size reel for ultralight. (Companies use either a zero or five ending for their size systems.)

Looking for open faced. I still have a few closed face zebcos but they have not seen action since I was a teenager.  Ya I worded that poorly. 

Been looking at the Plugfer (spelling) presidential reels. Both my current utralight rods are 5ft. Was looking to go to longer - maybe a 6.5 ft rod for these new additions.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ultra light Rig - your preferences? - by Cowboypirate - 08-10-2020, 03:24 PM
RE: Ultra light Rig - your preferences? - by meancuznalfy - 08-10-2020, 08:01 PM
RE: Ultra light Rig - your preferences? - by lee! - 08-10-2020, 10:14 PM
RE: Ultra light Rig - your preferences? - by BG1 - 08-11-2020, 12:36 AM
RE: Ultra light Rig - your preferences? - by BG1 - 08-19-2020, 12:22 AM