Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3rd Annual Lincoln Beach Catfish Blitz and Cleanup
I would like to hold our Annual Catfish Blitz and Cleanup at Lincoln Beach next Saturday, September 5. We have adopted LB as our area to keep clean and are supposed to hold 3 cleanup get-togethers and then keep it up as best we can in between. I have done what I can at the launch ramp as I've gone along. It seems that the job has fallen mostly to those down here in southern Utah County but we sure appreciated all who helped out when we hosted the Flotilla last year. I hope that some of you who occasionally come down from the north will join us. That means you: Pat, Paul, Forest, Sean, Sean, Kent, etc.

I started the Blitz a couple of years ago as a day to hit the lake in force to try to catch up to the North Team in the contest. If next Saturday is a really bad day for someone we can make it the 12th. Let me know.

There is a couch sitting on the berm by the dock. I noticed a white bucket full of crap out on the point of the north dike. I don't bank fish anymore so I don't know how bad it is out there but it's probably pretty gross. It seems this area attracts members of the Slobs-R-Us club. I have some heavy-duty trash bags and gloves provided by the Utah Lake Commission. I'll have them there on Saturday but it wouldn't hurt if you brought your own in case we don't meet up. We won't plan to do any socializing per se what with covid, but if we wear masks and/or keep our distances we could at least say hi. Some will want to clean up early and then fish and vice versa. And of course you can go anytime.

Feedback?

Well, duh. I just realized that the 5th is over the Labor Day weekend. Probably better make the Blitz and Cleanup the 12th. Let me know what you think.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Messages In This Thread
3rd Annual Lincoln Beach Catfish Blitz and Cleanup - by catchinon - 08-28-2020, 02:02 PM