Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ordering from Whisker Seekers
Hey Craig,

Ya we ordered a bunch from whisker seekers. Here are my thoughts.

The Ferguson series cat rods are amazing and I love the two I bought. However a bit overkill for Willard cats. We had hoped to tangle at UL or the bird refuge with some additional mass, but heath issues killed most of those plans. They will get it done the day she pokes a 36" cat, so I am happy.

The 15 lbs hi vis line was a very pleasant surprise. It handled very well. I never had a tangle or twist issue and memory was light coils. I love the high vis and switched my ultra light over this summer, too. ( not to 15 lb Wink) I used at 15 lbs main line, but my leader is 25 and I watch it closely. I still fish a lot of mono line and am happy with it. I only use braid or such on specialty applications. Personal preference no science as to why I do it.

I also picked up some of their prerigged Santee Cooper set ups. You can make them yourself much cheaper, but my eyes are struggling with a degenerate disease so knot tying is more and more problematic. We caught an number of cats on these prerigged, rigs.

I also purchased their tripple threat hooks in a 6, 7, and 8 size. Love them. Sharp. Strong and you can set them with a sweeping motion if you like or allow them to turn like standard cicle hooks. Sttong buy recommendations for them.

I picked up some misc terminal tackle too...swivels, bead stops, , sinker slides. All good quality but I expect you could find as good cheaper, elsewhere

Hope that helps. If you or anyone needs more info pm me.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew

Messages In This Thread
Ordering from Whisker Seekers - by catchinon - 10-10-2020, 02:46 PM
RE: Ordering from Whisker Seekers - by BRL1 - 10-10-2020, 06:35 PM
RE: Ordering from Whisker Seekers - by RonPaulFan - 10-11-2020, 01:05 AM
RE: Ordering from Whisker Seekers - by catchinon - 10-21-2020, 03:55 PM
RE: Ordering from Whisker Seekers - by Cowboypirate - 10-21-2020, 05:08 PM