Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sand Hollow & Quail Creek Question
(10-20-2020, 08:25 PM)richyd4u Wrote: Quail Creek you can get into some decent size rainbows this time of year (before they stock it next month), just use sinking line and strip your favorite flies. Bass fishing at Quail can be finicky and difficult this time of year, so if you want to catch large mouth, go to Sand Hollow. We were out there a couple evenings ago catching 3-4lb large mouth nearly every case 2 hrs before dark on spinner baits in 15' of water...love fall out there! I might head out there after work today as well...been thinking of that fun evening, need to get out before the cold front hits this weekend! Good luck!

(10-27-2020, 08:01 PM)richyd4u Wrote:
(10-26-2020, 10:22 PM)Mr.Rogers Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 08:25 PM)richyd4u Wrote: Quail Creek you can get into some decent size rainbows this time of year (before they stock it next month), just use sinking line and strip your favorite flies. Bass fishing at Quail can be finicky and difficult this time of year, so if you want to catch large mouth, go to Sand Hollow. We were out there a couple evenings ago catching 3-4lb large mouth nearly every case 2 hrs before dark on spinner baits in 15' of water...love fall out there! I might head out there after work today as well...been thinking of that fun evening, need to get out before the cold front hits this weekend! Good luck!
Can you get this information directly from the DNR? I have not ever found a stocking schedule that shows when stockings will take place only when they have already happened. I'm trying to plan a trip to quail very soon and would love to time it up with a fresh stocking if I can. Thanks

I know from all the previous years, when they stock our local waters. Quail Creek is always the first Mon & Tues of Nov...
Awesome thank you very much for the info, i appreciate it.

Messages In This Thread
Sand Hollow & Quail Creek Question - by lucabrasi - 10-14-2020, 02:14 AM
RE: Sand Hollow & Quail Creek Question - by Mr.Rogers - 10-28-2020, 03:43 PM