Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Fling on Utah Lake 10-21-20
Figured I'd hit the "warm before the storm" at Lindon to try to bump my catfish score one last time.  Launched just after 7 to calm conditions, 44 degree air temp and 57 degree water temp. 

Motored down to the bubbleup to try for some nice sized whities like I got on my last trip.  They didn't show up.  Threw plastic, spinners and small cranks all along the pipeline...with only a few mini white bass to show for it.

Gave up on ABC (Anything Besides Cats) and put out two kitty rods...one for dragging bait and the other with a big blue-backed silver flig.  Dragged whole chubs on the one rod...later switching to whole small white bass.  I sweetened the flig with a half white bass...heads or tails.  Both worked.  In fact, I had several double ups...a fish taking the second rod while I was bringing in one on the other.  But with good use of my "rod trees", properly set drags and fin power control I was able to land almost every fish that wanted to play.

Almost constant action until I quit at 11 to meet Pikeman at the ramp for a new ice rod handoff.  Most fish were "early twenties".  Several 2-footers.  Several more in the 25 to 27 inch range.  No bumpers today...or for the rest of this year.

Couldn't have asked for a nicer finale.  Beautiful weather and a plethora of active kitties.  Tugs is drugs.
[Image: TIMP-OVER-GLASS.jpg][Image: STILL-WATERS.jpg][Image: 2-FOOTER.jpg][Image: PURTY-26.jpg]

[/url][Image: 2-COOKIES.jpg][Image: BIGGER-DOUBLE.jpg][Image: TODAY-S-BIGGEST.jpg][Image: BIGGEST-WHITIE.jpg]

[url=https://ibb.co/C0QjKw3][Image: SOME-PEOPLE-S-KIDS.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Final Fling on Utah Lake 10-21-20 - by TubeDude - 10-21-2020, 09:29 PM