Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Report - before and after cold front
(10-27-2020, 04:03 PM)Springbuck1 Wrote: G'Job, Cowboy.  Wish I'd been there.

If I may be so bold as to suggest a technique to a better fisherman....... in high mountain lakes where a fly and bubble get used, I was taught to SINK a casting bubble during slow times by filling it completely full of water, and maybe adding a tiny split shot.  Wet flies work great this way, but a worm rigged straight, not balled up, on a hook is a killer.

You can cast a half mile this way, and while it can take a couple of minutes to let it sink, you can then crawl the torpedo-shaped bubble right along the bottom as slow as you'd ever want.  I can't help but think that those deeper perch would clobber a rig like this; a worm with some little colored or flashy attractor, moving oh so slowly just above the sand.....

Or, maybe you just need bigger drop shot sinkers.....

Its a good suggestion 

The old Power Bait bubble-bobber-bomber rig but with a flig. Yes, that would add some range to my cast. I don't really want to take off my finess jiggers hat for the bobber dude t-shirt. But my wife destroys me at the Gorge with a similar set up while I stick to my snobbish ways pitching jigs smaller than a sow bug. Sometimes ya just got to do it, (big red bobber and a gob of worms) and fib later

Speaking of that did I ever tell you about the 40" musky I caught on my 3wt fly rod with a bucktail streamer? Well I was fishing up near.....
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rockport Report - before and after cold front - by Fritzfishin - 10-27-2020, 02:03 PM
RE: Rockport Report - before and after cold front - by Cowboypirate - 10-28-2020, 12:05 AM