Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Cat Fishing Contest Final Standings
It was a different contest this year, that's for sure. Contest started same time as the BFT host site change, and the covid-19 lock downs.  But most of the really hard core Cat chasers finally got on to the new site, figured out the new site format and stuck with it thru all the growing pains. 

On March 20, the North team 3 time past champ Ahi1953 (John) jumped out to an early 3 fish full bracket lead with 80.0 points.  2 days later SkunkedAgain (Jeff) filled his 3 brackets for 73.5 points.  After that it was "fight-on". 

By September 5th, the South team has hammered away  with 18 Cats in the 30 inch and more size range, and BLK (Lynn) posting a contest record with a 34.0 inch Utah Lake monster. 

There is a North-South tie for largest youth total score of 51.5 between Josh.gaardvark -  North and Catslayer -South, but the largest youth Cat honor goes to  Josh.gaardvark - North Team 27.5 inches. 

On October 23rd, the last update to the contest standings were published. As of midnight Oct. 31st, the official end of the contest, there were no new contest posts. 
I have checked back thru all the posts, and I'm pretty sure I've got an accurate final score. I have also requested that Jeff do a double check as a second pair of eyes. 

Pending a final review by Jeff,  below are the final standings for the 2020 BFT Utah Cat Fishing Contest.

[Image: 044-2020-Cat-Contest-FINAL-Standings-1-Nov-1.jpg]

Congrats to all the winners, and thanks to all that participated. I think this is probably one of the biggest, most attended, best participated, non money winning fishing contests I have seen.  
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool

Messages In This Thread
2020 Cat Fishing Contest Final Standings - by Tin-Can - 11-01-2020, 02:46 PM