Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard south
What a difference a skipped day can make.  Tuesday I boated 5 nice healthy, overfed cats.
Today I worked the south area at 14 fow to 7 fow from the south marina channel to the old coffer dam area .
Morning launch at about  9 a.m. very light breeze out of south west. Breeze picked up to about the forecast 3 mph, had me drifting at just the right speed .035 - .045 but in the wrong direction. And I was getting just a mite cold, I had left my jacket in the truck.  About 1210 I finally decided to make a trip back to marina, get my jacket and make use of the facilities.  Took me less than 30 minutes to motor into south dock, do what I needed, and get back out on the water................guess what, wind died almost totally.  Sad  

Got back out to about where I had left off, just west of the feedlot tower, moved in a bit closer to the wall and started getting almost constant hit, run, release on both poles.   That kept me hoping for another hour or so, then ran out of shrimp, and patience.  Called it a day, and I think a year too.  Gonna work on getting boat stowed for the winter. If there is a day OK to fish, I'll just go bank tangling somewhere. 

2020 Willard Bay score card:  34 trips, 6 skunks, 25 trips in a row from  26 June to 29 Oct without a skunk. 

[Image: 0180-Trip-34-5-Nov-20-Skunked.jpg]              [Image: 0181-1237-p-m-Last-trip-in-2020.jpg]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool

Messages In This Thread
Willard south - by Tin-Can - 11-06-2020, 12:14 AM
RE: Willard south - by r2u2 - 11-06-2020, 01:53 AM
RE: Willard south - by Tin-Can - 11-06-2020, 07:10 PM
RE: Willard south - by thatchergreg - 11-06-2020, 03:14 AM