Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helpful Lead Vs Tungsten discussion
Last March, I went ice fishing for the first time since I was about 6. Now I'm hooked and my wife's excited to go again as well. Being new to ice fishing, I have been trying to get more tackle. I have a handful of tungsten jigs heads and with almost every ice fishing video or ad I see being about tungsten, I was thinking I would really need to stock up. However, there's one problem, tungsten jigs are very expensive. So, I was trying to figure out more about ice fishing and the importance of using tungsten vs normal lead jigs (if it gives you a lot better chance of success, than maybe a small tackle box with a few tungsten jigs would be better than a larger variety of lead ones). I came across this video and thought that it was helpful so I figured I'd share it.

Youtube: Pros: lead vs tungsten

It gave me some piece of mind that I can probably still do alright without spending all my money on tungsten! Instead I think I have a handful of tungsten and then the rest be lead. That way, I can blow the money I save on the gas to get to the lake Rolleyes Who knows, as I get more ice fishing experience I might change my opinion.

Messages In This Thread
Helpful Lead Vs Tungsten discussion - by RollWithiT - 11-18-2020, 09:40 PM