Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soft plastic lures RULE
Older age and dislike of the cold has kept me home. Of course if I was invited I would go - if anything to avoid cabin fever.

A wacky rigged stick must fall at a certain speed and not just any soft plastic stick. Salt and a heavier sinking plastic produces the drop speed needed with only a hook stuck in the middle.

Many anglers apply fish scent and Mann plastics had different fruit flavors - none proven any better at catching fish better than no flavor or scent. I duplicated Uncle Josh pork frogs in plaster molds and caught just as many without the salt preservative the pork was soaked in.

Lures in my opinion and experience represent nothing to fish. If I were to label or categorize lures, it would be the actions they produce that consistently provoke strikes. For the Senko, it's the tip & body wobble on the vertical drop.  Other lures may have parts that quiver, flap or flutter, dart when whipped, wig wag on a horizontal retrieve, pulsate (ie skirted jig) or slither for example.

Along with a lure-descriptive action is the presentation that produces the best lure action for that action-by-design. Some lure designs have more than one presentation that can be used. For example, a skirted jig & trailer can be hopped off or slid on bottom; but also retrieved horizontally like a spinnerbait depending on trailer.

Messages In This Thread
Soft plastic lures RULE - by SenkoSam - 01-03-2021, 01:47 PM
RE: Soft plastic lures RULE - by wiperhunter2 - 01-06-2021, 12:37 AM
RE: Soft plastic lures RULE - by SenkoSam - 01-06-2021, 02:33 AM