Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tamiami Trail ......., Everglades
(03-15-2021, 10:37 PM)scubabass Wrote: Thanks for the post! I have had a trip planned for the past 4 months to everglades city at the end of April. We are going to be fishing inshore and fish the canal systems. We are making this trip pretty much to fish the everglades. I have been doing a little research on the canals. My son and I are mainly going after peacocks.I was planning on cruising around in the rental and fishing any open water we can get access to. Do you have any advice or recommendations? Do we need to worry about private land along the road?

I have not fished down there from a boat...maybe riverdogs will chime in or send him a PM he has fished down there a lot so he would be helpful with backcountry info. But the main canal running along 41 is all public as far as I know, even towards the east when you get into tribal land it is public, it’s only when you get off the main road and start fishing some of the other canals (on tribal land) you will need a permit. But I think all the other canals are mainly public and covered by FWC. Check the Internet to see where the tribal land begins.

Messages In This Thread
Tamiami Trail ......., Everglades - by remo_5_0 - 03-07-2021, 11:30 AM
RE: Tamiami Trail ......., Everglades - by 2knots - 03-07-2021, 02:31 PM
RE: Tamiami Trail ......., Everglades - by Deke3 - 03-08-2021, 08:29 PM
RE: Tamiami Trail ......., Everglades - by remo_5_0 - 03-16-2021, 10:21 AM