Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield
(03-09-2021, 05:20 AM)TheOtherSide Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 09:50 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks for the report, how long were the cutts and bows? Too bad about Maniac going out of business, hopefully you have a good stock of those blue glow cutterbugs.
My 6 yr old son is onto the Maniac bugs, so I'm down to maybe 1-2.....lol. Such is life and it really is too bad they are out of the market. I did "OK" switching to a different brand, but they don't have the same look- It's more commercial and not as individualized. More of a weird side fin than a grub body and you don't have a choice between a solid fin or tearing it into 2.
I did use a white grub body with bright green octopus legs with some success from- Strike King. What did much better was the white grub body with single straight green tail called the.... hold on, I've got to go read the package- "Panfish Stinger", That's what it is. My wife has done great this year using that lure.
Most fish caught were around 12-13" and maybe 8 were over the slot, but just barely. We probably caught 50 fish and kept 4 cutts and 2 rainbows at 14" which made a delicious family dinner, tonight.
I've also never caught so many fish with odd deformities. One had his entire upper jaw folded over into his mouth. Oh, I have photos.

That sounds like a great trip, your a lucky man having your wife go out fishing with you. Lets see those pic especially the one with the odd upper jaw.

Messages In This Thread
Scofield - by TheOtherSide - 03-08-2021, 06:57 PM
RE: Scofield - by wiperhunter2 - 03-08-2021, 09:50 PM
RE: Scofield - by TheOtherSide - 03-09-2021, 05:20 AM
RE: Scofield - by wiperhunter2 - 03-09-2021, 02:17 PM