Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Crappie?
[cool][blue][size 1]You got my heartfelt symphonies (sympathies). TubeBabe (my wife) thinks fishing trips on those "special" days are just dandy...as long as she is along for the fun. In fact, one of the best crappie fishing trips I ever had was on a Mothers Day trip to Willard...back in the late 70's. TubeBabe, myself and five kids from our recently combined families all fishing minijigs under bobbers a few yards off the rocks near the north marina. We filled several chain stringers and then released at least a hundred more.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Actually, I didn't get much fishing in when the school really moved in. I was busy tieing on jigs, taking fish off the hooks, applying sunscreen and rubbing the knots on the back of heads when somebody got whacked with a plastic bobber on an errant cast.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Of course the days of crappie hordes are long gone at Willard, but there are still some roving bands and small groups to provide some sport. Like I said, finding them is the hard part. If you know how to get them to play, during the different months of the year, you can usually score a few.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Good luck on the kitchen pass. What kind of bribery are you using? Might need some different bait. If your wife thinks golfing is okay and fishing is not, maybe you need to convert your marriage license to a fishing license, so you have to renew it every year. FORE.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Willard Crappie? - by Caddfly - 03-03-2004, 04:57 PM
Re: [Caddfly] Willard Crappie? - by TubeDude - 03-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Willard Crappie? - by wiperhunter2 - 03-03-2004, 06:04 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Willard Crappie? - by DKSRenegade - 03-03-2004, 07:10 PM
Re: [DKSRenegade] Willard Crappie? - by TubeDude - 03-03-2004, 07:35 PM