Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still Skunkless on Willard 4-22-21
(04-24-2021, 01:34 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Great report and pics Pat. Too bad the cats action was a little slow but I'm sure that will be changing soon as the water warms. No fishing for me in the last week, spent the week up in Idaho with our Son, hopefully we will get some decent weather this coming week to get after them again.
Yeah.  I probably wouldn't have gone out except I had a couple of new things I wanted to check out...like my new rigid apron...a 24 inch wide hard plastic computer keyboard tray for one.  Worked great.
[Image: NEW-APRON.jpg]

Another time I have violated my customary "3 day rule"...waiting for at least 3 days after a "wind event".  I'd never get to go fishing this year if I stuck to that.

(04-24-2021, 05:28 AM)jjannie Wrote: Thought for sure that was going to be you glad it wasn't. My auto PFD was tested out last summer when I tried to get little Rosie back into the boat but waves hit our boat at the same time launching me overboard when mine went off - Jeff did a great job rescuing us both.  By the way, Rosie can swim and still LOVES the water almost too much. Made up some those those whirly fligs and had them for our last Willard outing, but had no takers on them - not sure if it was us or the fish so we'll just have to keep 'practicing'.  Wink
I was going to ask how Rosie was doing.  Good to hear she is a good fishing companion.

The whirly fligs seem to be a niche-filler...between slow dragging a regular flig and faster trolling a standard bladed crawler rig.  I seem to do best moving them just above the bottom...at about .7 mph or so.  But those little blades whirl at the slightest movement in the water.  Last year I did well on walleyes and wipers in June by pulling them at over 1 mph at mid depth...or at least somewhere up off the bottom...and decorating them with white gulp minnows.  Got some more colors and options to try this year...including a 3 wire Utah Alabama rig.
[Image: WIPER-ON-WHITE.jpg][Image: WHITE-WHIRLY.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Still Skunkless on Willard 4-22-21 - by TubeDude - 04-22-2021, 09:14 PM
RE: Still Skunkless on Willard 4-22-21 - by r2u2 - 04-23-2021, 01:36 AM
RE: Still Skunkless on Willard 4-22-21 - by TubeDude - 04-24-2021, 02:04 PM