Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW (to me) Tadpole Diver
I recently watched a fishing program LINK TO VIDEO that showed (me) a new way to get baits and lures down deep without downriggers, leadcore line or the heavy bulky divers some anglers use.  In the program they were fishing for walleyes, using the “Tadpole” diver to make deeper presentations with both crankbaits and crawler harnesses. 
[Image: TADPOLE-2.jpg]

As a “small craft” angler without the capability of installing downriggers on my craft…and a patent dislike for leadcore line…I was intrigued.  So, I ordered one to try.  I put it to the test on Willard Thursday.  Didn’t catch any fish in the short time I used it, but I was impressed with how relatively light (1 oz.) and compact it was…and at the same time how well it took my shallow diving crankbait right to the bottom with minimal line let out. 

I’m looking forward to greater experimentation with this thing in the future…both from my float tube and when I climb in someone else’s boat.   Just wondering if anybody else on the Utah board here has any experience with these things.

I am attaching a chart showing the projected depths and line required at different speeds.  Thinking this might be a good thing for guys without riggers.
[Image: TADPOLE-CHART-2.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
NEW (to me) Tadpole Diver - by TubeDude - 05-07-2021, 08:45 PM
RE: NEW (to me) Tadpole Diver - by Anglinarcher - 05-07-2021, 10:52 PM
RE: NEW (to me) Tadpole Diver - by TubeDude - 05-07-2021, 10:59 PM
RE: NEW (to me) Tadpole Diver - by doitall5000 - 05-07-2021, 11:30 PM
RE: NEW (to me) Tadpole Diver - by Mildog - 05-08-2021, 06:18 PM
RE: NEW (to me) Tadpole Diver - by TubeDude - 05-08-2021, 08:21 PM