Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Flaming Gorge WY. side worth the money
(07-17-2021, 10:37 AM)submoa Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 10:21 PM)PACKFAN Wrote:
(07-11-2021, 03:37 PM)BearLakeFishGuy Wrote: NOPE!!  Not any more.  When they raised the cost of reciprocal stamp coupled with the non-resident quagga mussel sticker requirement I told them to stick it up their hind end.  I can catch nearly as large as kokes at Strawberry (and the other Utah reservoirs are coming on too).  WY used to get my money for gear, gas, groceries, licenses, camping, etc. but not any longer.  For 3 kokes that I can catch elsewhere and in more aesthetically pleasing places to fish (the lack of trees/green in WY, around FG, drives this bush-loving northerner crazy). 

Their answer in the past is "We can do just fine without nonresidents" I said let them have it along time ago, Idaho is prettier and places like Anderson Ranch near Mt. Home the limit of Kokes is 25 per day unless they changed it this year and the local population seems to be much friendlier. Just my 2 cents.

How big are the Kokanee there? You are right about Wyoming preferring they have the lake to themselves.I wish Utah would raise the reciprocal to $5 more than they charge us as a standard policy.  I have a place in Manila so will always fish there but am curious about the size of the Kokes at Anderson Ranch. We are pretty spoiled reeling in 2-5 lb Kokanee at the Gorge.

You wont get them that big there, 18 inches is probably top end but I like to smoke them and doing a big bunch of 12 to 18 inch kokes is what i like to do they also have some great small mouth fishing as well as fair size perch. They stocked chinook salmon there a couple years ago and they are starting to take hold. 300 miles to the lake and they don't charge an arm and a leg to camp there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Flaming Gorge WY. side worth the money - by PACKFAN - 07-17-2021, 07:23 PM