Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cats Fast n Slow @ UT Lake 7/23
Always a pleasure to read your reports Jim. That sunrise picture is my favorite and even though I have seen it many times I always enjoy it -- my favorite time on the lake.

I was at Lincoln this morning (29th), a ritualistic annual visit to relive some special memories of my grandson who was killed on this date in 2008. The early morning visit helps.

Anyway, I spent some time abusing the wb at the ramp. Lots of bass from 3 to 10 inches long. All were released. The water level was not noticeably lower than it was last week. There were a few walleye guys over by the orchard, quarter mile walk to the water and another quarter mile wading out. I managed to land a 27 inch walleye at the end
[Image: DSC01278.jpg]
of the ramp. I had to use a pair pliers to avoid the smell but a walleye is a walleye. Huh  Also noticed a couple of guys fishing from the comfort of lawn chairs at the first spring rocks. Just before I left a power squadron boat pulled in for a launch. I hung around long enough to witness the launch -- no trouble launching and working out the channel. Good to know. I hope to get my boat out again as soon as the weather calms a bit. Maybe the rain in the forecast for this weekend will bring the overall lake depth up a few inches. Wink

Thanks again for the report. it ain't over yet and those 30 inchers should be putting in an appearance soon.

Lynn aka BLK

[Image: DSC01284.jpg]  [Image: DSC01281.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Cats Fast n Slow @ UT Lake 7/23 - by Piscophilic - 07-29-2021, 04:48 PM
RE: Cats Fast n Slow @ UT Lake 7/23 - by Mildog - 07-29-2021, 05:46 PM
RE: Cats Fast n Slow @ UT Lake 7/23 - by Boatloadakids - 07-29-2021, 09:53 PM