Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
8 or 9 Species under an hour hundreds caught
Okay now your BS detector is pegged here’s the rest of the story. Got me a new casting net seems I can’t find my old one. Ran down to the local pond and started casting. It’s minnow season and this place seems to be the nursery. I don’t think I ever threw the net that I didn’t at least get a couple fish, except for that one botched throw where I really screwed up, but that was my fault not the fish. I even snagged up and had to wade in and retrieve my net and still had at least a half dozen fish still in the net. Top numbers went to panfish and when they are small I can’t tell them apart very well, but I did get bigger ones too so I could verify bluegill, green sunfish and crappie were all present.  Got LMB and SMB it was easy to tell the difference there. Then I got bullheads and carp (my target species) Then it got more difficult, I got multiple fish that I think were perch except I didn’t think there were many perch in the pond. I also got some that looked similar but didn’t have the perch black bars. I’m not sure if that was walleye or faded color perch. Anyway it was really fun to see so many different kinds of fish. I just wonder why I can’t find any of the big ones. I ended up with 34 carplets and probably got 30 other fish per each carp minnow so I got a lot of fish total, just not much that I was after. I always like to catch minnows, just to see what’s around and I really can’t believe there are so many Gill fry and the adults are so rare to find. Maybe I need to learn better how to fish for them. Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!

Messages In This Thread
8 or 9 Species under an hour hundreds caught - by SkunkedAgain - 09-14-2021, 02:39 PM