Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Lincoln report
I had to try at least one more time to get in a launch at Lincoln before the water level drops much lower. I arrived at the launch about 6:30 and discovered another boat had already launched and exited the channel. I backed my trailer in far enough to float the motor and then climbed into the bed of my truck and jumped from tailgate to the bow -- which ain't easy for 80 year old bones. Proceeded to the dock and tied up long enough to hoof it back to the truck and pull it into the parking lot. The sonar was showing a consistent 1.5 depth all the way out. I used my motor trimmed up and never even left a mud trail. Still doable but not much longer.

Good calm water today as I made the 7 mile run to the knolls. The fishing was good but slow. I caught some nice cats -- about 18 or so but nothing like what I was looking for. About four or five in the almost 30 class, all were feisty and they hit hard. No other boats in the area but had a little excitement watching the hang gliders launch from the base of the knoll. They run a long cable from launch on the hillside out to a power boat that gives them a quick lift into the wild blue and then the cable is released. They soar for miles and eventually return to maneuver their glider to a gentle landing in the same spot they launched from. One of them didn't quite make it back to the launch site and dropped into the water about 100 yards from shore. The power boat was on him in a hurry so no real danger. The water 100 yards out is not more than 2-3 feet deep. 

I fished for about four hours but could not find the fish. I'll be back to continue the quest, most likely in my kayak. I'm hoping the bigger fish will continue to move into that area. Lots of white bass slurping midges and a few carp clusters. The best is yet to come.

Messages In This Thread
Another Lincoln report - by Boatloadakids - 09-16-2021, 12:24 AM
RE: Another Lincoln report - by SkunkedAgain - 09-16-2021, 12:11 PM
RE: Another Lincoln report - by Cowboypirate - 09-16-2021, 02:25 PM
RE: Another Lincoln report - by Bovineowner - 09-16-2021, 03:26 PM
RE: Another Lincoln report - by MSM1970 - 09-16-2021, 04:58 PM
RE: Another Lincoln report - by Boatloadakids - 09-16-2021, 05:20 PM
RE: Another Lincoln report - by Piscophilic - 09-17-2021, 07:16 PM
RE: Another Lincoln report - by Boatloadakids - 09-17-2021, 10:12 PM