Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Fall Frost ice season on the way
It was chilly this morning here in Blackfoot. I'm sure below freezing at Henry's. But I can't believe we will be on the ice in October again. But I'm wishing and  hopping. 
So far, I generally haven't gone more than a mile or usually less, from my truck on the ice. When you get on the early ice you usually can't go to far before it's too thin.  Then after Henry's early ice I have always moved to other lakes. Last year when me and obifishkenobi quit fishing Henry's ( I made Around 10 trips),  we were thinking we would have to start going further out. I fished by Staley Springs. I have had a tent and heater for two years but never have used them. Maybe this year. I have always wanted lots of holes and all five poles out. But Shawn schooled me in paying attention to the pole on your sonar unit. The first time fishing with Shawn, I think I got 2 with my five poles. And he got 45 just watching one pole and his sonar. That is how important your sonar can be. Like you Jeff, I also want that mega 360 but I'm going to wait a year and stick with my Helix 5 this year. With the 360, could you watch all five poles, or jigs? I know only two poles in UT.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Fall Frost ice season on the way - by fast_randy - 09-20-2021, 07:09 PM