Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slaying Blood Red Kokes at the Berry!
Photo 
Hey guys! A few of you may remember me (been gone for a hot second) had an insanely busy summer and kinda fell off the platform. But im back! Anyways, figured id share my most recent trip will you all. This week is my birthday (today to be exact!) and me and my dad always go on a special expedition chasing some new species. This year, we were in the search of some spawning kokes! I have caught "silver bullets" before and have caught a handfull of red kokes here and there. But I had never caught more than one on a trip. I just wanted to catch the crap out of em! So, on Monday, I flew home from school, threw my rods in the truck, and me and my awesome dad headed to strawberry. We didnt know 100% if there would be kokes at our first spot so when we pulled up and saw a large buck koke jump and the scramble to get out of the car started. LOL! 

It was by far my favorite birthweek trip ever! I got my wish and me and my dad caught 20 or so in 2 hours. It was awesome! I also would like to point out how freaking cool the fish are! I have always known that spawning kokes were awesome. But something about catching them, and releasing them makes them just a little cooler! They are insanely aggressive and peel drag like crazy!! All of mine were caught off a jerkbait. Definately nice to scratch them off the ol bucket list!

[Image: PXL-20210928-000504836.jpg]

[Image: PXL-20210928-000501170.jpg]

[Image: PXL-20210928-000458568.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20210927-195532.jpg]
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.

Messages In This Thread
Slaying Blood Red Kokes at the Berry! - by Backyard Boy T.V. - 09-30-2021, 06:32 PM