Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slaying Blood Red Kokes at the Berry!
Thanks for the update Shane and Curt and all... I had looked through the current regs and seen the cannot keep from Sept to Nov, and I know they were reworking the Koke regs because of all the confusion between dates on the different waters, but I guess I didn't ever hear what the decision was... I usually quit my koke fishing in July or early august because they get soft and mushy, when I used to get out and go for them anyway... But they are sure a great fish to catch... Hope we can figure them out better on the ice this year... Which brings up a question, it seems like to me that the proclamation guide book or whatever it is called sure doesn't have a very in depth listing or rules anymore, seems like if there are laws on the books that we as sportsmen are supposed to follow, that they should be summarized in that guide or else how are we supposed to know them? I know they don't want to make the booklet an encyclopedia, but seems like it could be organized a little better and be more clear on what the rules are... I guess all the specific rules for certain bodies of water is what can confuse things.... I learned something the other day that I didn't know, I thought you could use perch as bait in all waters that they are located, but that isn't true, there are only a list of several reservoirs where perch is legal as bait... I'm going to have to watch that list when I ice fish for perch, seems it's one of my favorite baits for perch through the ice... But they are legal at Newton and Hyrum so I'm good, but I fish Mantua for perch and I don't remember if it's legal there, so I'll have to check before I use it... Be nice if they had an on line Q&A you could type a question and get an instant answer to find out if things are legal or not... There's a project for you students trying to get a degree in fish and wildlife management.... Would be a great service to us all... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Slaying Blood Red Kokes at the Berry! - by SkunkedAgain - 10-04-2021, 12:56 PM