Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cost to go fishing is going up
(10-04-2021, 08:14 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: I agree with you, the cost of fishing is a lot more than just gas.
To keep a safe trailer means tires, bearings, lights, insurance... oh yes worms !! Cost of park entrance fees.
I think next year I'll have to locate my camp trailer and live up there.. what do you think. Should we start a bigfish community,  one at strawberry,  one at willard.  Where else should we go?
I agree, the cost of vehicle upkeep has really gone also, plus food going up, gas a fishing trip isn't cheap even if it is close to home. Starting a big fish tackle community at a lake sounds like a great idea, could help each other share costs, plus would be a lot of fun.

(10-04-2021, 10:24 PM)catdaddygar Wrote: Wife an I went shopping the other day no meat was purchased and it came to $117.00 for the two of us.  I could pack the whole purchase in the house in one carry.  Why do we have oil and the refinery's wright here in the state and pay some of the highest prices for gas in the country.    I remember listening too some of the old timers talking about how they were trying to price the average guy out of  fishing and hunting and would laugh behind there back. Looks like I owe some of them an apology.

I've thought the same thing about gas, the one town in Montana has like 5 refineries, oil wells not far away and was the most expensive place in the state for gas. Hunting is slowly becoming a rich man's game, blm access to private property is getting smaller cause they can get depredation tags from the state and charge a premium for those tags and not allow anyone from the public on. Spent $40 for hot dogs and few other small items at the grocery store this afternoon.

Messages In This Thread
cost to go fishing is going up - by liketrolling - 10-04-2021, 06:22 PM
RE: cost to go fishing is going up - by meancuznalfy - 10-04-2021, 11:45 PM
RE: cost to go fishing is going up - by BG1 - 10-05-2021, 03:44 AM
RE: cost to go fishing is going up - by catchinon - 10-05-2021, 03:29 AM
RE: cost to go fishing is going up - by BG1 - 10-06-2021, 01:00 AM
RE: cost to go fishing is going up - by R72Mike - 10-07-2021, 01:51 PM
RE: cost to go fishing is going up - by lifeshort - 10-07-2021, 01:01 PM
RE: cost to go fishing is going up - by catchinon - 10-07-2021, 01:52 PM