Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Settlement report
Fritzfishin, his friend, and I fished Settlement yesterday morning. The ice was about 4" thick; maybe an inch on top was cloudy. We caught a number of rainbows and a few tiger trout. White was the prefered lure color and waxworms the bait. Fritz had a lot of success with a Gizzilla that was clear with black specks and I caught several on a white one with red flecks. I caught the first and largest one (13") with a tungsten jig and waxworm. I also caught three on a chartreuse and orange Atomic Teaser. My last fish swallowed the Teaser and then took the Gizzilla. What a mess. I finally cut it all off. Oops, that reminds me that I didn't retrieve the Teaser from his gullet when I cleaned him last night. 

We were hoping to catch a wiper but were denied. Oh well, days like this are good for practice. I've not used spring bobbers much before but I'm learning. I even caught a couple when I detected a negative bite; the spring moved up to a position where there was no weight on it. Maybe Fritz will chime in with more details from his perspective.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Messages In This Thread
Settlement report - by catchinon - 12-31-2021, 03:33 PM
RE: Settlement report - by doitall5000 - 12-31-2021, 05:13 PM
RE: Settlement report - by catchinon - 12-31-2021, 06:09 PM
RE: Settlement report - by hook_sets - 12-31-2021, 05:21 PM
RE: Settlement report - by Fritzfishin - 12-31-2021, 09:49 PM