Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport 1/29 AM...Love me some perch!
(01-30-2022, 01:40 PM)Dayfish Wrote:
(01-30-2022, 05:50 AM)Jmorfish Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 10:58 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: It took some doing, but after a few minutes of initital success followed by 1.5 hrs of dead time, finally found the school and was able to follow it for a couple hours.  Definitely had to be mobile to keep on the fish.  Fished the west side around Rocky Point (further south than I was earlier this week).  Best lures were a green/yellow halie on the bottom with a chartreuse teardrop jig 10"above.  40ish FOW.

Lots of folks around and people were catching so long as the school stuck around.  Once the school moved, you had to move with them or it was dead city.

Interesting point, the early, early AM bite was great in the dark, but as soon as the sun came over the mountain, it was like someone turned the switch off.  That's when the searching began...
[Image: 20220129-123800.jpg]
Might as well just put out the grid coordinates...just sayin'....
Amen brother! Stop hot spotting on that little body of water!! Let people figure it out
Hey guys, play nice. From the Utah Board Rules :

"[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]HOT SPOTTING: [/font][font="Open Sans", sans-serif]When a poster of a new thread does not wish to ID a certain body of water, NO MEMBER will reply giving the name of that body of water or asking where that body of water is located. In the same regard, if a member wants to post all the details on a spot they fished....they can do so without being harassed for hot spotting as long as the fish were caught in a legal manner and no laws were broken."[/font]

Besides, I don't see what he wrote as hot spotting. I know that I couldn't figure out exactly where he was fishing and don't see his report as being different than thousands of others I have read here. And he did say that you had to hunt all around to find them and then figure out how to follow them as they, the fish, moved all over.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rockport 1/29 AM...Love me some perch! - by Fritzfishin - 01-29-2022, 11:21 PM
RE: Rockport 1/29 AM...Love me some perch! - by catchinon - 01-30-2022, 03:24 PM