Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is a good place for Perch this year?
(02-06-2022, 02:50 PM)Cowboypirate Wrote:
(02-06-2022, 11:15 AM)BRL1 Wrote: Thanks for the not so encouraging reports.  Leaving in 45 minutes for Pineview.  Hopefully we can luck into some fish.

You will find them. We were very late getting there and chasing a bunch of kids around with treats and snow sleds to keep them occupied. I am sure if we would have hiked to a few of the good structure spots the marks would have started flashing

Thanks for encouragement.  Made it to Windsurfer beach about 6:30 am yesterday morning.  Tried to slide off the edge of the parking onto the beach.  Looked for a couple minutes from inside the truck.  Stubbornness kicked in and went on around to Browning Point, where we have done well for perch and crappie all the time.  Walked toward the end of Cemetery point.  Found a spot that dropped from 21 to 33 ft in about 20 yds.  Set up and found fish on the finders, at times up to 10 ft of fish in waves.  I couldn't buy a bite.  Lance got 6 8" perch before the sun hit the ice after that not another bite when we left at 11 am.

Talking about making an afternoon evening trip to the narrows for crappie, but never been on that end of the lake.

Hopefully one of the next trips will be to Rockport.
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where is a good place for Perch this year? - by BRL1 - 02-07-2022, 07:47 PM