Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second limit of eyes at Willard
Got out to Willard yesterday with Reelfast and Wiperslayer, we fished in Dan's boat. We launched around 8 am and started off just outside the South marina and headed North, caught our first eye right way. We started off trolling at 1.5 mph, later we got up to 2 mph, we were using side planers, long lining and even lead core line. Started off trolling cranks on four rods and the two lead core lines trolling apex lures with worm harness behind them. Most fish were caught on cranks but on a wide variety of lures. I think one of Dan's purple lures caught 3 eyes, my apex lure caught three, the rest on caught just changing lures, with no one color standing out. Water temp started off at 59 degrees and got up to 64 before we got off the water around 2:30 pm. As the water temp rose, the fish we were catching earlier, that were deep, seemed to come up in the water column. We seem to be marking more bait fish in the water too, the ones were were seeing yesterday were a three to five feet off the bottom and it might explain why we caught them deep early. It was a nice day after a rainy weekend, water was coming down the baffles at full force and it appeared the water level has come up a little from the last time I got out there. Saw Suzuki blue out there today and at the cleaning station, good seeing you Gene. Also talked to other Willard friends and all had caught fish. I have a feeling this could be a great week at Willard, with the way it is finally turning on.

[Image: secondlimit2022.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Second limit of eyes at Willard - by wiperhunter2 - 06-02-2022, 05:10 PM
RE: Second limit of eyes at Willard - by Jmorfish - 06-02-2022, 05:55 PM
RE: Second limit of eyes at Willard - by 2knots - 06-02-2022, 06:36 PM
RE: Second limit of eyes at Willard - by Redrebel - 06-03-2022, 12:08 AM
RE: Second limit of eyes at Willard - by Paddler - 06-03-2022, 04:21 AM