Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBC Day At Willard 6-16-22
(06-17-2022, 03:00 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: Thanks for sharing your cleaning skills.
Just to add a bit, people always start the grinder before stuffing the fish in the disposal. 
I could see on your video there were lots of fish on the finder. They were suspended,  with none on the bottom. 
Also no other boats!

There were already a couple of guys cleaning fish and had the grinder on when I got there.  But I have had the unhappy experience most of us have had...of finding the fish cleaning station inoperable because some doofus filled the thing up with fish before turning on the grinder.  AAAAAARRRRRGGGGG. 

Yes, there were some smaller fish at mid depth...but very few to none of the nice inverted Vs of substantial fish like walleyes or wipers...suspended just off the bottom.  And I only saw a few of the big bumps on the bottom that are usually indicative of cats.  But I was dragging my whirly fligs at about .75 mph...a good distance behind my tube...and I suspect that a lot of the fish I caught came in from the side in response to the vibration of the little blades. 

And, yes, I got lonely out there by my ownself.  Well, not really.  I did have a few curious boaters cruise by within lookeelou range but none were brave enough to holler a greeting or ask what the heck I was doing.  Oh yeah, I also had some roar by as close as they could without violating the proximity law...just because they could.  Always cool to watch the "sawblade" on the bottom of my sonar while bobbing up and down from those nutjobs.  Much better to be lonely though than to be surrounded by "sportsmen" trying to help me harvest the fish I have found.  When the crappies are in and active out from the north marina all I have to do is bring in one fish and I immediately have several new close "friends".  What fries me though is when I move even a little closer to them they holler at me for getting too close.

Messages In This Thread
NBC Day At Willard 6-16-22 - by TubeDude - 06-17-2022, 11:00 AM
RE: NBC Day At Willard 6-16-22 - by doitall5000 - 06-17-2022, 03:00 PM
RE: NBC Day At Willard 6-16-22 - by TubeDude - 06-17-2022, 04:22 PM