Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Fishing Proposition
For those of us that know the difference between a cutthroat, rainbow, and a kokanee, the rule is absolutely stupid.  The problem the CO faces is that most folks fishing any body of water in Utah don’t really have a clue and have never read the Guidebook.  I see the results at every fish cleaning station at every lake I fish.  Over limits of species, kept fish in slots, no clue what species they have, etc.  And for the most part most of these under educated folks don’t really care.  They just want to catch fish, take them home, and eat them.

Most of the members of this forum are not in that group of under educated folks.  But you have seen the occasional questions posted here on ‘What is this fish?’, ‘What is the limit at this lake?’, ‘Is it legal to do this?’, etc.  Most, if not all, the answers to those type questions are in the Guidebook.  But they can't be bothered with doing their own research; it's way easier to have us do it for them.  Know what I mean Vern?

IMHO, the no fillet rule at Strawberry is there to make the CO’s job easier.  If you’re filleting fish at Strawberry, then you are in violation and the fish species doesn’t matter.  Checking to determine species isn’t required of the CO and that’s one less thing he has to worry about; i.e., his/her job is easier.  The fact that it is a stupid rule for KNOWLEDGEABLE fishermen & women is irrelevant.

I would not recommend that anybody hold their breath waiting for the DWR to change this rule.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."

Messages In This Thread
Strawberry Fishing Proposition - by obifishkenobi - 06-18-2022, 05:07 PM
RE: Strawberry Fishing Proposition - by MrShane - 06-18-2022, 07:18 PM
RE: Strawberry Fishing Proposition - by dubob - 06-19-2022, 01:23 PM
RE: Strawberry Fishing Proposition - by JArner - 06-19-2022, 12:39 AM
RE: Strawberry Fishing Proposition - by dubob - 06-20-2022, 02:48 PM