Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry-another good "ObiFish" A.M.
(06-29-2022, 03:28 AM)Jmorfish Wrote: Hey Curtis...not that day...that was my day to play with the cutts only...strange and humbling on not contributing to the koke fun; just an odd day for me on the kokes...some days are like that....HOWEVER...made up for it today. Grandson home on leave from the Air Force, so took him and his Dad out to another Koke fishery early this A.M...2 planers, 2 down riggers, all my gear....everything worked good EXCEPT the lure/dodger/bait combination that seemed to work so good for Obifish and TigerPincer last Friday...Go Figure...We had a good morning, except getting a little too windy by 1030, but we stayed on 'til noon..some nice average fish netted, several said siyanara as they leaped 2 feet out of the water, so my guys were pretty happy with our outing...One thing I did different today that I wished I had done last Friday at Strawberry -- I used garlic flavored scent on half the sets, and these produced better than Kokanee Feast or shrimp soaked maggots..."Black Eagle Kokobow" and black and white "Assasin" were our best producers, even when it was completely sunny...others worked, but not as consistently today...Guluk..

I know you did not mention it in your report, I just thought maybe you got some from one of the other guys.  Glad to hear that you and stepson and grandson had a good trip yesterday. Thanks for the info on the garlic scent working better, also the lure selection, you seems to have good luck with those Assassin lure, I'll have to look up the kokabow.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Strawberry-another good "ObiFish" A.M. - by wiperhunter2 - 06-29-2022, 05:05 PM