Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make Sense? - Making Bad Scents?
(06-29-2022, 08:00 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(06-29-2022, 05:20 PM)Jmorfish Wrote: So I guess this is a thought/question for all you koke/trout trollers, or anyone else applying liquid or oil scents to any of your lures (ei, hoochies, squids, assasins, or whatever)...Always trying to fine-tune my game here...I always clean or wipe down any flashers, dodgers,etc that I apply scent to when done fishing, but do any of you clean your lures afterwards to get rid of old scent? If so, how, and what do you use? In addition to the pre-scented bait (corn, magots,etc) sometimes I'll put a little extra on the lure itself, and I'm thinking that over time those different scents are creating some Bad Scents of their own, maybe even breaking down some of the plastic....some of my squids just didn't smell fresh anymore...Make Sense?...
A lot of Salmon and Stealhead anglers wash all of their gear with lemon Joy dish soap between trips to get the oils off of their tackle. I only put scent on my dodgers and wipe them off with a rag between trips.

I purchased some small travel-size bottles and keep one filled with Lemon Joy with my tackle. I also use scent only on the dodger and use a drop of Lemon Joy to clean it off. I've also found the Lemon Joy to be pretty useful to keep my hands clean in the event I get scent/oil/fuel on them when I'm on the water. To me, more concerning than getting scent off my lures is making sure I don't get a repellant scent (maybe even something I ate for lunch) on my hands with which I'm handling the squids/maggots/etc. Probably overkill, but every variable we can tip in our favor can't hurt.

Messages In This Thread
Make Sense? - Making Bad Scents? - by Jmorfish - 06-29-2022, 05:20 PM
RE: Make Sense? - Making Bad Scents? - by fishnotphish - 07-01-2022, 02:51 AM
RE: Make Sense? - Making Bad Scents? - by dubob - 06-29-2022, 11:04 PM