Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DWR - taking care of business at Strawberry
(07-06-2022, 10:50 PM)GrandpaD 2020 Wrote:
(07-06-2022, 12:39 AM)Therapist Wrote: The only thing Forest Service will enforce are the FEES!!!

Last week I drove up to the Marina at Strawberry.
We say a dozen or more RV's in dispersed camp sites on the West side of the road but nobody there with them.
Not even a parked vehicle.
These people were putting their RV's in their spots for when they do come up to camp
They were holding their spot so nobody could pull in and camp there..

This made me think about the rules about how many days you can disperse camp.
If your RV is parked in a camping spot but you are not there camping, do these days count against your total camping time?
It should but I don't know if it 
 any thing in the national forest has to be moved every 14 days ,even if it is not occupied .

(07-06-2022, 01:43 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: A quote from an email that I got yesterday from Alan Ward,

"After I emailed you yesterday, I spoke on the phone with the officer in charge and he mentioned that they only confiscated 24 fish all day (it is typically double that), and some of those were overlimits of rainbows.  We both discussed the idea that fishing is good right now, and the people prone to violating the rules (such as the slot), did not need to because they had plenty of non-slot fish (kokanee and rainbows) to harvest.  Overall resource compliance was nearly 99%, and it is usually around 97% for these roadblocks.  My guess is that you either had a newer officer that you were talking to, or they were caught up in the moment, and really had no time to reflect on how many violations had been written up, nor did they have all the data yet to put it in perspective.

I always caution my employees to not jump to conclusions before all the data is in hand.  We often tend to focus on the worst aspects, ignoring the good stuff.  Once you have all the data, then make a table or graph to summarize it, and you get a better picture of reality."

kent i don't know what happened saturday but i have been through that same check point at strawberry where there have been multiple 5 foot coolers filled with illegal fish and fileted fish which are also confiscated . i do not for one minute believe only 24 fish were taken at the check point saturday

Messages In This Thread
RE: DWR - taking care of business at Strawberry - by mtncat1 - 07-07-2022, 01:02 AM