Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knolls area ain't no more
I decided to make a trip over to the Knolls and fish with my kayak last Monday. The water is very low and I had to paddle half way to Bird Island to find four feet of water. I parked my truck in a couple of inches of water and left it there instead of pulling out on dry ground. It felt like solid gravel so I assumed I was good to go. I fished for a couple of hours and only managed two fish, 27 and 28 inches. No other interest, not carp, no white bass. Finally realized I was fishing where they ain't so headed back to truck and a nice surprise. My truck kinda settled down in the "solid gravel" and when I attempted to pull out I went down instead of forward. I managed to mire down to both axles in the mud and realized I was not going anywhere. No other fools out that way so I figgered it was either Life-Flight or try to track down a relative to come and fetch me out. Finally found a grandson who could leave his work long enough to pull me out.

[Image: DSC01413.jpg]

The knolls area has been good to me (for cats) but the water is just too low to attract and hold them there. It was a good trip even though I got stuck. I usually manage at least one similar blunder every year. Next trip will be to Lincoln by kayak again but I'll be very careful about where I put my wheels. The time of year is right for biggun's but low water seems to be changing everything for me while Jim and R and V continue to ketch the big ones. Thirty incher will show up soon.

Pray for water.
BLK/Lynn

Messages In This Thread
Knolls area ain't no more - by Boatloadakids - 08-31-2022, 11:46 AM
RE: Knolls area ain't no more - by SkunkedAgain - 08-31-2022, 02:27 PM
RE: Knolls area ain't no more - by TubeDude - 08-31-2022, 03:47 PM
RE: Knolls area ain't no more - by Piscophilic - 08-31-2022, 04:23 PM
RE: Knolls area ain't no more - by BURLEY - 08-31-2022, 05:15 PM
RE: Knolls area ain't no more - by TubeDude - 08-31-2022, 05:24 PM
RE: Knolls area ain't no more - by Mr. J - 09-02-2022, 07:35 PM