Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Am I Missing
(01-06-2024, 11:23 PM)TubeDude Wrote: Before I left on my fishing trip I said to my wife "I don't think it's going to be a good day."  She laughed and told me to be more positive.  So I said "Okay, I'm positive it's gonna be a bad day."

Best time to go fishing is whenever you can get away.

And fishing is ALWAYS good...even if the catching ain't.

Better to be frustrated by fish, than by family, work, friends or other dimbulbs.  Far better.

Pat, that counsel is very well received and accepted..... I think I'm coming to the conclusion that I'm fishing for the wrong kind of fish, and perhaps that's why my success rate is not very high... Been catching or at least hooking cat fish, so I think I've been trying to talk catfish into taking my micro presentations and I guess it's not worth their while and they've been passing them by... So guess I need to change up my presentation and see if I can do better... We'll see how it goes... Later Jeff

(01-09-2024, 05:31 PM)BULLOCK9 Wrote: Maybe a different scent on your hands? New brand of lotion or sunscreen?

I wondered that at first, because I had put a new fuel line together for my trolling motor and spilled some gas on my hands.  I had washed my hands and all before I went fishing, so I thought I was okay, but I still kind of wondered if maybe some of the fuel scent was still there... Good tip and it might be part of it, at least at first... I doubt it is now, but I'm at least getting a hit a night now instead of totally skunked without even a hit... So it may be part of the issue over all... Thanks for the tip on that... Jeff

(01-09-2024, 06:38 PM)Foamy8 Wrote: Maybe try cooked shrimp?  A little hunk can be great.  Waxworms are also good.

That's a good idea to try some shrimp, I'll have to pick some up next time I get to town... The wax worms are about as short as the spikes have been and I really haven't done as well with waxies as the others in the past, unless I'm after trout, then it all changes... I'll have to check and see if any new bait has made it to Logan today or not... I'd think they should be getting a new supply soon... Thanks for the shrimp reminder... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!

Messages In This Thread
What Am I Missing - by SkunkedAgain - 01-05-2024, 02:55 PM
RE: What Am I Missing - by SkunkedAgain - 01-06-2024, 03:13 AM
RE: What Am I Missing - by wiperhunter2 - 01-06-2024, 02:50 PM
RE: What Am I Missing - by RookyFisher - 01-06-2024, 07:33 PM
RE: What Am I Missing - by SkunkedAgain - 01-06-2024, 11:05 PM
RE: What Am I Missing - by TubeDude - 01-06-2024, 11:23 PM
RE: What Am I Missing - by SkunkedAgain - 01-09-2024, 06:56 PM
RE: What Am I Missing - by BULLOCK9 - 01-09-2024, 05:31 PM
RE: What Am I Missing - by Foamy8 - 01-09-2024, 06:38 PM
RE: What Am I Missing - by TubeDude - 01-09-2024, 08:55 PM
RE: What Am I Missing - by SkunkedAgain - 01-09-2024, 09:39 PM