Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Park Annual Day Pass (Senior)
There are some things that the Parks people do that irritate me, but I'm not in a grouchy mood so I'll only say that it is assinine to lock the gates so people can't fish off of the docks. I did, however have a good experience on Jan. 1. I got to the Provo boat harbor to meet my brother for a little fishing and realized that my pass had expired the day before. Figured no one would be working on New Years Day so didn't sweat it. Then my brother told me that the Parks truck had just driven by. I hurried up to talk to the ranger and explain myself. I told him I had come with the hope that I could buy an annual permit there. He said he could meet me in the office in a bit and sell me one. Then I suddenly realized that I didn't have my debit card or enough cash to buy one. He said that was okay as long as I would come and buy one in the next couple of days. That didn't work out because I had to go to Colorado to see my brother who is in the hospital. But I did get there Wednesday, at 3:58. I was just sure they would already be gone or have their till closed and I wouldn't be able to buy one. But a nice friendly guy was there and sold me a permit. They are open MWF from 10-4. And they have those times posted. Used to be that it was a crap shoot as to whether anyone would be there. It's nice to see that they are improving. Now, about fishing on the docks...
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Messages In This Thread
State Park Annual Day Pass (Senior) - by Tin-Can - 01-06-2024, 11:19 PM
RE: State Park Annual Day Pass (Senior) - by mdt - 01-09-2024, 01:08 AM
RE: State Park Annual Day Pass (Senior) - by catchinon - 01-13-2024, 01:18 AM