Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skunk with an Attitude
[b]So I've been out of town for a wedding for the last 3-4 days, all that time I was away I was wanting to be back ice fishing, even though it was great to have some time away with my wife... Well yesterday after digging out from all the snow, I hit the pond excited to be on the ice again....  As I was getting on the ice I hit the slush monster at the first step and I guess I have a small leak in my new boots already, so that started things off on a bad note, but I found a platform that got me out of the water and set up... It was so cold that  I needed my bubblers to keep the holes from freezing, so I ran back to my truck and got them, as I was getting back on the ice I fell through and luckily my momentum kept me moving onto the ice in front of me that held up so I only went through to just above my knee which got me a little wetter... But not so much that I couldn't stay.. So I set up and went to fishing...  Well early on I seen a few fish on the 360,  but nothing wanted to grab a hold... Typically later in the day had usually been better for fishing, well not yesterday... The longer I sat, the less fish that showed up anywhere on the 360, I even waited until after sun down and nothing ever showed, and it got so freaking cold, I think I was the coldest I've been in a long time by the time I got off the ice...  Anyway, I think it must have been karma paying me back for wanting to fish when I was away, I think this was the worst fishing trip I've had in a long time... Have to say this time I might have been better off to have stayed home... and that takes a lot for me to say that.... But paid my dues so I'm looking forward to a good trip next time... Later J[/b]
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!

Messages In This Thread
Skunk with an Attitude - by SkunkedAgain - 01-16-2024, 03:03 PM
RE: Skunk with an Attitude - by Piscophilic - 01-16-2024, 03:30 PM
RE: Skunk with an Attitude - by SkunkedAgain - 01-16-2024, 06:15 PM
RE: Skunk with an Attitude - by N.E.T.O. - 01-16-2024, 06:35 PM
RE: Skunk with an Attitude - by SkunkedAgain - 01-16-2024, 07:43 PM
RE: Skunk with an Attitude - by catdaddygar - 01-16-2024, 11:08 PM
RE: Skunk with an Attitude - by SkunkedAgain - 01-17-2024, 02:00 PM
RE: Skunk with an Attitude - by EyLayo - 01-17-2024, 01:01 AM