Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
video I made on the new iTroll throttle controll
(03-08-2024, 09:45 PM)BYUHunter Wrote: When I troll, I have a 15 HP Pro Kicker for 80% of the "push" and the alternator keeps all of my electronics going. I use my 36v Minn Kota for steering and the remaining 20% of my trolling speed, which really allows for me to fine tune. That has pretty much eliminated my need for the iTroll.

I've also gotten so used to trolling this way, that I disconnected the tie-bar between my main and kicker. The kicker is always pointed straight ahead, no matter what. If I were limping the boat back to the ramp and need to steer (it's a 2024, so this hasn't been an issue, but never say never), I use main as a rudder, if I am trolling the electric does the steering.
Nothing wrong with your process.  The MAIN reason I use and like the iTroll is for the much more precise speed control I get with the iTroll.  The Mercury stick control up front sucks at that on my boat.  Push with the kicker, control speed with the iTroll, steer with the Minn Kota.  Fish on!  ?
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."

Messages In This Thread
RE: video I made on the new iTroll throttle controll - by dubob - 03-09-2024, 03:16 AM