Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport ice fishing report not over just yet
I’ve been watching the weather and noticed a few very cold days and nights since reports of bad edges. Jmorfish mentioned he was heading up to try and I told him that a buddy and I  were going as well and we may meet up on the lake. We Left Sandy at 7:30 (Jmorfish mentioned he was meeting Mscott at lake 6:45. I decided no rush and we got there about 8:30 saw M Scott and Jmorfish’s tent. And a few other people out, we could see the edges looked solid as we walked out and they were good solid no
Problem. Walked by M Scott and Jmorfish’s tent, we ventured down a bit to
The area I wanted to start, where I have been doing well. Both were catching fish. I will let them post details n
There success if they want. 
The ice has a few inches of blown snow a few slushy spots but not bad. Ice thickness varies
A bit, where we were I would say it was  7 inches, 3 clear ice at bottom and 4 grey hard frozen slush on top.  (When we left edges were still
Good at 1:00 ish a little water showing up
But solid) 
It Took us 10 or 12 holes and 15 minutes or so to find depth (26-27) I
Like and also to find fish. Once we did it was game on. From 9am to 11:45 there was solid school of fish and action was constant. I had 30 fillet size keepers in no time and let a bunch go. Jason and I finally decided we might has well keep limits. I kept 50, 8 inches plus to the biggest 10.5 inches on 3 or 4 that big but all were good size to fillet. Jason 45 by the time he realized he was short a few they had moved off we decided 95 to would be. We both let a bunch of keepers go. Lots of fun good action.
Tag team filleted the two buckets in 49 minutes. Washed cleaned and we made dozen vac packed bags for future yummy meals! I’m guessing temperature dependent it will
Be safe for a “few” more days. The way the weather has been and upcoming warming it can and will
Change fast. Always use caution don’t assume check for yourself and watch local weather and temperatures . BE SAFE !!
[Image: IMG-2751.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2752.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2753.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2749.jpg]
time spent fishing isn't deducted from ones life

Messages In This Thread
Rockport ice fishing report not over just yet - by Mildog - 03-06-2024, 12:40 AM