Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FLAMING GORGE REPORT
fished flaming gorge this weekend.the drive over friday morning was a special treat but the weather turned out to be excellent.we fished in sheepcreek and hideout for bows and macs.fishing was slow to fair for macs and just slow for bows.we did catch macs every day the biggest being 24 lbs.the ice is going fast friday we started with 8 inches with snow on top saturday we had 50 to 60 mph winds and warm temps all day and it really cooked the ice when we came off saturday night we were pushing slush and the ice is turning green.sunday morning it was cold and it firmed it up for a while but when we left at noon it was 51 deg.in sheepcreek parking lott and there was open water out in the bay between the two islands and i broke through coming off the ice at the ramp.you may still get on for another week or two up north in wyoming but if it stays like this i think the utah side is toast.o-well im ready for the boat anyway i had a great year through the ice up there.but if your planing a trip i would plan on going north but be ready for mud we talked to some guys that fished in anvil they said fishing was slow and everything they had was covered in about six inches of mud.you will need 4x4 they said.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
FLAMING GORGE REPORT - by MAC-ATTAC - 03-08-2004, 01:46 PM
Re: [MAC-ATTAC] FLAMING GORGE REPORT - by jr8fish - 03-08-2004, 04:46 PM
Re: [jr8fish] FLAMING GORGE REPORT - by MAC-ATTAC - 03-08-2004, 04:59 PM