Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake State Park float tube report 3/6/04
Took my little brother out for his first float tube outing ever on Sat. We had fun even though it rained on us part of the time and it was a little cold.

I had one hit in the river right under the walking bridge -- it was in the middle of the water column not on the bottom so I suspect it could be a brown trout.

We fished from about 8:30 am to 10:30am, with nothing. I don't think the eyes are up in there just quite yet. After this week of warmer temps they may be up in there.

Emuscud was there fishing off the bank it was good to meet him. We saw a light gray colored mink (I think it was a mink it looked like a ferret) that was running around on the south bank around trees and into a stick pile that looked like a beaver house maybe it was his house.

Anyway the fishing was good just not the catching. I tried some of tubedude's roadrunner baitubugs tipped with nightcrawler, as well as some chartreuse plastic jigs. Even tried drifting a worm below a bobber down the current but no luck. The one hit I had was a a silver roadrunner/baitbug reeling it slowly downstream with the current.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Utah Lake State Park float tube report 3/6/04 - by cat_man - 03-08-2004, 05:08 PM