Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our First Wipers of '04 (report) w/pics
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Well, since I was finishing my taxes today and had to pay $$$$$, I asked Bait_Caster if he would like to hit Willard this afternoon for some stress relief. He gladly took me up on my offer.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]We launched at the north marina at about 2:45 this afternoon. All of the little islands within the marina are now under water but not by much … 1.5 feet so watch out when backing your boat around the marina. There are some new docks they have installed on the north-east part of the marina. They look nice but the high under water islands make it treacherous getting over to the docks. The old docks are now useable too. That's the ones we used. But again, be careful getting to them.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]We headed out to the middle of the lake before we started trolling. The water temps were about 57-58 degrees. The deepest spot we found was out around the light pole at about 18 feet deep. The water is rising pretty fast.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]We expected lots of winds but NADA ... beautiful day and the bugs are hatching quite nicely![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]We trolled some walley lures, chartreuse grubs, white grubs, even some meps spinners. But we didn't get any bites till we put on the trusty ole Producers. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Bait Caster boated two nice wipers in the 3 - 3.5 lb range. But I got skunked. I did get plenty of bites but never hooked up. It was real strange today … there were a lot of little "nibbles" that just never took hooks.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]One BC picked up was out on the south end and the other about a half mile south of the light pole.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I have to tell you … that Bait Caster does love his wiper fishin'. It's great to fish along someone who enjoys all facets of fishing as much as he does.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]While loading and prepping the boat ready to leave, we ran onto a fellow who watches BFT closely but has yet to register. He just bought his boat and wants to "get a wiper". We talked wiper fishing for a while and he said he is waiting till he catches and photographs his first wiper before he registers with BFT. I suspect that won't be too long. He said he wanted to have a report to contribute before he registers. We are eagerly awaiting that first report Kevin.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Here is Bait Caster enjoying his first wiper tug of the season:[/size][/font]

[Image: Fish_On_for_Web.jpg]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]3 lbs 6 oz. :[/size][/font]

[Image: 3lb_6oz_for_Web.jpg]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Nice wiper:[/size][/font]

[Image: Nice_Wiper_for_Web.jpg]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]The new docks:[/size][/font]

[Image: New_docks_for_Web.jpg]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Our First Wipers of '04 (report) w/pics - by Old_Coot - 04-14-2004, 04:50 AM