Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
water skeeter pontoon at costco
I was referred here fromt he Utah board. I've read all 22 pages on this board and found lots of great info.

Have any one you seen the snohomish water skeeter pontoon at costco? I'm really close to getting it but wanted an opinion or two on it. The quality seems to be pretty good it has 9ft pvc bladders (can't remeber if they were stiched or welded) an aluminum frame, brass oar locks, swivel paded seat, motor mount, storage rack 7 ft aluminum oars (price $417.00). For $60 more I could get the dual bladder OUTcast cougar from Sportsmans but it seemed a lot heavier and only had 8 ft 'toons. I'm going to flaming gorge on Friday so I want to pick something up.

I don't do it very often but I want something I can take on the green river too. rapids up to a class 2 maybe a 3. The guy at sportmans said that the cougar worked just fine in rapids but people will say anything to sell something. Mainly what I'll use it for is on lakes (utah, the gorge willard etc) and maybe sections of the Jordan with rare trips to the green but obviously nothing too wild. I'm a pretty big guy too at 5' 10" and 245#

Any input would be great
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
water skeeter pontoon at costco - by CATCHandreEAT - 06-08-2004, 01:29 AM