Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lindon boat harbor fri. night through sat am.
My cousin, cowboyfisherman and I found out that we could use trotlines at utah lake so we built one of the most beautifull and ingenious trot lines I have seen(I will try and post pics later). Anyway he bought a license and we headed out for some night fishing. we set the trot line and then started fishing for channels before sleeping for the night. The action was definitely not fast. In the Am we headed out to pick up our trot line. We only had 2 fish on it, A white bass and a mudcat, but there had been something awfully big on there, because it had broken off the 30lb test fireline that I had used for the lines coming off the cable. After pulling in the trot lines we had another hour or two to kill before we had to go home so we fished for walleye and white bass. I finally hooked into what I thought was a huge channel cat, but turned out to be a walleye a little over 28" that bottomed out my 8lb scales. I am guessing around 9 possibly 10 lbs. Normally those fish go back to live another day, but I was headed out to my dads for his birthday on sunday and he has been dying to try walleye and since I had to head for work I knew this one was my last chance so I kept it. He loved the fish by the way and really enjoyed it as a b-day present along with all my brothers and sisters. ,
Jed
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
lindon boat harbor fri. night through sat am. - by Jedburton - 09-20-2004, 04:15 PM