Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any fish in Georgia?
Yes Virginia, There is a big fish in the water. (please excuse the pun)

you know, I can testify to what you are saying, been there and done that my self, a dozen times every year. on both ends of the stick as well.

just a couple weeks ago I sat beside a kid on the handycapped access peir and watched as he would hook in to one giant fish after another, yet I couldnt catch a cold let alone hook on to one of them atlantic salmons. I fished there for three for 4 days before I finaly hooked on in to one, then I was standing on the other end of the stick. I was hooking in to them left and right and the other guys was getting agrivated with me....

the real trick is getting out there and putting in your time... you have to pay your dues in order to get the big ones...

This year I managed to pull in 6 master angler fish. Here in michigan a master angler fish is a species of minimum entry size which is larger than that what is normaly caught.

I have received 5 awards this year from the state, and at the moment I have two fish that are in the top three of their clasifications. should they remain in the places they are in I will receive two more awards come january of 2005.

Do I have any of those fancy rigs you speak of? nope.... but It would be nice to be able to get out to where the rich guys are fishing.

I drive a 12 foot aluminum smokercraft with a 5 horse brigs&stratin. I fish with a 27 year old sears telicopic rod that I paid 2.35 cents for way back in the seventies. I do have my second reel on this rod. It cost me 39.oo.

On a bad day a rich man could buy me out for $1200.oo.....

I did at one time beleive like you. and now, when I come in with the big ones the rich guys are jellous of me... I have the time, yet they have the money. Who is better off? lets just say I would like a couple more bucks per day to realy make my fishing better. I would like to have just a little bit bigger boat but not one of them 40-G boats. not unless I can earn it for fishing....

I do have to admit I fish 4 bad days to one good day. but that one good day makes it all worth the effort.....

I do have to admit I try to fish at least 2-3 times per week. so if you only get out once per month I can understand why things would seem to you the way they do....

If you dont mind my asking, how often do you manage to get out?
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
any fish in Georgia? - by DukeOfEarl - 10-01-2004, 08:29 PM
Re: [DukeOfEarl] any fish in Georgia? - by gdn443 - 10-02-2004, 12:03 AM
Re: [gdn443] any fish in Georgia? - by DukeOfEarl - 10-02-2004, 12:39 AM
Re: [DukeOfEarl] any fish in Georgia? - by StriperAddict - 10-04-2004, 11:42 PM
Re: [DukeOfEarl] any fish in Georgia? - by StriperAddict - 10-19-2004, 10:32 PM