Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Sat. 12/11/04 Still red-hot for whites! (and other comments)
[font "System"][red]I know the title says Sat., but first I will start off with a pic from this past Monday. My wife and I fished for exactly 20 minutes before we got blown off by the wind. We caught 6 nice whitefish in that short time. This pic is from the top of the launch ramp at Cisco Beach. Only women would make fish "pose" like this for a picture![/red][/font]
[font "System"][red][Image: wifewf.JPG][/red][/font]
[font "System"][red][/red][/font]
[font "System"][red]Now for yesterday's (Sat.) report. First off, as others had already mentioned in other posts (kentofnsl, and baitcaster) it was very foggy. GPS saves the day again! [#a040ff]I launched at Cisco Beach about 8:15am. Well the fishing was so good for whitefish and cutthroat, that I had my boat on the trailer and was headed back home by 10:00am with a limit of whites and one cutthroat [/#a040ff]that I kept for dinner (plus I released 2 other whitefish and one really nice cutthroat 23"). I started off with a Swedish pimple tipped with a green booger. That combo proved to be slow, so I switched to a 1/8oz. black jig head tipped with a 1" green twister tailed jig. That was the ticket. I was anchored in 8-14 feet. (I will not tell you where along Cisco Beach, but not every spot is NOT good. I talked to one guy who had been out before I got there and he was still fishing when I left and he had 3 whitefish total). You need to keep moving until you find a productive spot!. Anyway, here a a few pics once I got home.[/red][/font]
[font "System"][#ff0000][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "System"][#ff0000]This cutthroat was the smaller of two and I kept him for dinner![/#ff0000][/font]
[font "System"][#ff0000][Image: scottct.JPG][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "System"][#ff0000]These are three whitefish that were about typical size. Last week the average size was about 2" longer and several of the fish I caught yesterday were spawned out indicating that the peak of the run has been reached and the fishing for these spawning fish will begin to slow down in the next week.[/#ff0000][/font]
[font "System"][#ff0000][Image: scottwf.JPG][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "System"][#ff0000]Here is the cooler with the limit of fish. We smoke and eat them about as quick as I can get them processed. My kids aren't huge fish fans but they LOVE smoked whitefish. (Almost looks like I'm missing a front tooth in this pic! Ha. Something happened to the pic while resizing)[/#ff0000][/font]
[font "System"][#ff0000][Image: coolerwf.JPG][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "System"][#ff0000]I would imagine we got one more week of good fishing before it slows down until after the cisco run.[/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Bear Lake Sat. 12/11/04 Still red-hot for whites! (and other comments) - by BearLakeFishGuy - 12-12-2004, 02:56 PM