Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Niagra Springs Park fishing report
I was in the Twin Falls area on Monday and I wanted to explore the local fishing holes with my son-in-law Adam. We drove to the Buhl area and got information from the Chamber of Commerce on the local holes. A nice lady there put up on to the Niagra Springs Park pond not far from Clear Lakes. As we entered the state park we stopped to pay the $4 entrace fee and we noticed a sign in the information center telling fishermen that the pond had not had fish planted in it for a long time by the F&G Dept. We were about to leave when a park ranger pulled up and I asked him about the sign. He laughed and said they were there to remove the no fish notice, that they planted 7,000 lbs of trout in the pond the week before. That sounded great, so in we went. We had a blast catching and releasing them on spinners. We each caught about fifteen before we got cold enough to give it up and go home. There was no ice at all on the pond and with all the water going into it from the springs probably stays open most of the year like Clear Lake.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Niagra Springs Park fishing report - by acey - 12-22-2004, 04:06 AM