Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey report 01-01-2005
[Smile] My 13 yr old daughter and I just returned from Causey. Started fishing around 11:15. Right off the bat iced up a nice splake around 14 inches. Thought it was going to be one of those days, Boy was I wrong. Hooked into another one right away but lost him at the Ice. Then It died![unsure] We fished for another 3 hours, My daughter the fisherwoman put the skunk on me and iced up two. One cutt and one splake. Yep, She had braggin rights on the old man!

Tried out my new Vexilar and really enjoyed it. Still lots to learn. Any tips from anyone would be appreciated. I have the fl-8. Talked with some guys who were getting there at the same time as me that had just drove down from Mantua. They said that Doug Miller was up there with about 100 plus guys![unsure] Oh well, Will see how that pans out. They said that the ice was pretty iffy. anywhere from 1to 3 inches.

We were on a good 7-8 inches just off from the dam towards the scout camp. Meet up with another bfter from West Jordan. I appoligize I am Bad with names. Anyway talked with them for a while. They had fished Three + hours with not a bite! Good talkin with ya.

We caught our fish just off the bottom with white boogers. I had a wax worm on and the daughter had green power bait on with her wax worm. Not fast catching, But I could not ask for a better day and a better way to start off the year than fishing with my daughter and to have her out fish me. So what, She caught more. It made it worth it to see her catching them.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Causey report 01-01-2005 - by RILEYFISH - 01-01-2005, 11:39 PM
Re: [RILEYFISH] Causey report 01-01-2005 - by MGB - 01-02-2005, 12:52 AM
Re: [kj] Causey report 01-01-2005 - by RILEYFISH - 01-03-2005, 02:57 AM