Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pictures from Presidents Day Sturgeon Trip
Here's a few pictures from my President's Day fishing trip on the Snake in SW Idaho. Overall the sturgeon fishing was rather slow but I did catch one that made me "put my back into it" [Smile]
The picture quality is kind of poor after resizing them and I forgot to comb my hair [shocked] but I still thought they would be worth while to share.

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=8610;][/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]It was only 30” long and wasn’t large enough to put up much of a fight. It was caught on a shrimp.[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=8614;][/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]This carp as well as a pikeminnow (squawfish) thought they were sturgeon when they ate my sturgeon bait. The picture is kind of deceiving because this carp was only 18” long and I could hardly tell I had a fish on when I reeled him in.[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=8613;][/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Even though this guy was only about 12” long I took a picture of him because the camera was handy. He is also my first LMB for 2005.[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=8609;][/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]This is a picture of me “putting my back into it”.[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=8608;][/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]The sturgeon was about 65” (+/- 2”) and put up a 15 minute fight. It was caught on a 16” rainbows head/guts that I had only caught 15 minutes before this guy decided to bite. The fresh bait seemed to be best but we did catch one other sturgeon on a sardine and had bites on some of the frozen 6”-10”rainbows. We also caught several rainbows, pikeminnows and a few large shinners when we were collecting fresh bait. Overall it was a fun trip and the weather was mild but it was nice to take a shower when I got home.[Smile][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Pictures from Presidents Day Sturgeon Trip - by BrianID - 03-04-2005, 07:45 PM