Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I just adopted a cat!
[cool][#0000ff]My first thought would be that "whoever" set up the straps might have strung the strap through the adjustment buckle incorrectly. Done that myself a time or two. Check it against the one that works okay.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If it is a bad connector, you should be able to get a replacement where you bought it...or do a complete changeout. That is a pain, once you have your craft set up.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Most people who have been used to "plowing" the water and dragging a lot of their anatomy underwater (with other model tubes) are pleasantly surprised to find how much more propulsion they get in the Fish Cats. Pushing a shallow draft craft OVER the top of the water definitely gives you more thrust efficiency with every kick of the fins.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]And, while being higher on the water also makes you more vulnerable to being pushed around by breezes, it more than makes up for it when you need to power back into the wind to get somewhere. You get more speed and the pointed bow (stern) tracks into the wind and waves a lot better than a rounded surface.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You are definitely right about the weight factor. When I got my new Super Fat Cat a couple of years ago, I was pleasantly surprised at how light it felt when I first aired it up. Now I can't believe how much weight I have to carry when I trudge all of my rods, sonar, battery and tackle down to the water. The crazy things we do for fun.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]One final thought on the strap problem. On other craft in the past, I have been known to get the adjustment "just right" and then to sew or epoxy the connection permanently so that I don't have to keep playing with it. I rely on a backrest too (see the new post on my PVC addition...more weight), so I have always based my evaluation of a craft on how good the backrest is. Outcast tubes are not at the top of the list in the backrest department, but more than make up for it in others. Just like life...always a tradeoff.[/#0000ff]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
I just adopted a cat! - by doggonefishin - 04-02-2005, 03:37 PM
Re: [doggonefishin] I just adopted a cat! - by TubeDude - 04-06-2005, 12:57 PM