Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
Yes, we made it up there yesterday. We couldn't have asked for better weather. It started to blow at 2:00 PM, while we were at Cisco Beach (of course we had launched at the Utah State Park). After crossing the lake the wind died down again! The fishing was another matter.

Our plan was to try trolling first, and then if that didn't work to try jigging. We started fishing at 9:15 AM and trolled in front of the Utah State Park and saw a few fish on the finder, but no bites. There was one other boat trolling there, and they said that they had caught two fish trolling. We then went to The Rock Pile. I'm not exactly sure exactly where it is, but based upon previous information I am certain we were fishing the general area. There was one boat anchored in about 45 feet of water and they were jigging. They said that they had caught 4 fish. We marked many more fish on the finder there, but again no bites. We then went to Cisco Beach. We saw a few concentrations of fish there, but not as many as at The Rock Pile. Again no bites. We finished up at The Rock Pile and in fron of the Utah State Park again. We probably should have tried jigging earlier, because in the afternoon we couldn't find any concentrations of fish, so we didn't think jigging would work. Great weather, great company, boat ran flawlessly [only mishap was having the line snap on the downrigger (my fault) and loosing one ball and snap] but I wish that we could have caught one more fish!

Kent
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Bear Lake - by kentofnsl - 11-06-2002, 04:09 AM
Re: [kentofnsl] Bear Lake - by BearLakeMack - 11-06-2002, 05:33 AM
Re: [kentofnsl] Bear Lake - by PREDATOR - 11-06-2002, 09:06 PM
Re: [kentofnsl] Bear Lake - by BearLakeMack - 11-08-2002, 12:47 AM
Re: [BearLakeMack] Bear Lake - by kentofnsl - 11-08-2002, 02:33 PM
Re: [kentofnsl] Bear Lake - by BearLakeMack - 11-08-2002, 03:48 PM
Re: [kentofnsl] Bear Lake - by PREDATOR - 11-09-2002, 01:51 AM
Re: [PREDATOR] Bear Lake - by BearLakeMack - 11-09-2002, 02:12 AM